Helping Pets Cope with Thunderstorms
|Photo Source: Wikipedia|
- Quiet Hideaway – Make sure that your pet has access to a quiet place where he or she can go to hide. If possible, try to block out the lightening and cover up the sound of the thunder.
- Stay Distracted – Sometimes playing a game or distracting your pet with their favorite toy can keep them at ease.
- Conditioning Behavior – Behavior modification can desensitize your pet to the sound of a storm. Try playing recordings in short intervals for conditioning.
If you are still having trouble keeping your pet calm during a thunderstorm, visit our office. The experienced Veterinarians at Bregman Vet Group can help you determine the best possible coping method for your pet. You can also read this article to learn more.
Tips For Children on How To Safely Interact with Dogs!
Not every dog is your friend.
Kids often mistake wagging tails for happiness — and that isn’t always the case, Stilwell says. Help kids recognize when a dog is showing signs of aggression or fear. The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA.org) offers photos that illustrate canine body language and tips to avoid dog bites.
A New Year is the perfect time to make new goals for you and your pets. Here are a few tips to help your pets stay healthy throughout 2015.Health Tips for 2015:Provide Plenty of Exercise – Dogs and cats need exercise to stay fit. Go on a wa…
Holiday Pet Safety Tips fromThe holiday season is here! Are you ready to spend quality time with your family, friends, and pets? Here are a few ways to help keep your pets safe through the holiday season!Five Holiday Safety Tips:1. Secure Y…
Halloween is right around the corner. Did you pick out a costume yet? More importantly, did you choose one for your pet?We scoured Pinterest to find the best pet costumes and give you some suggestions. If you dress your pet up, please…
Halloween Safety Tips from Reunion Veterinary HospitalHalloween is right around the corner. As you and your kids get ready for the festivities, don’t forget to keep your pets in mind! These Halloween safety tips can help make sure your whol…
When people think about bringing an animal into their home to live with them, there is always a risk that this animal can bring sickness or disease. Without the proper precautions animals can bring germs that can spread to humans, particularly ch…
Benefits of MLS Laser Therapy
10 Benefits of MLS Laser Therapy
- Anti-Inflammatory Effect
- Analgesic Effect
- Accelerated Tissue Repair and Cell Growth
- Improved Vascular Activity
- Increases Metabolic Activity
- Stimulation of Trigger Points and Acupuncture Points
- Reduced Fibrous Tissue Formation
- Improved Nerve Function
- Faster Wound Healing
- Post-Surgical Swelling
- Inflamed Ears
- Lick Granuloma
- Hip Dysplasia
- Disc Disease
- and much more!