|Photo Source: Wikipedia
Be careful when leaving
table scraps and open containers around your house. What is delicious to you might be very
dangerous for your pet. Dogs, cats and
other animals can develop serious health problems if they consume poisonous
foods around your home.
- Chocolate – This sweet snack
stimulates the nervous system and the heart.
It is poisonous to all pets, but dogs are more likely to consume
- Grapes – Although healthy for humans,
grapes and raisins can cause kidney damage in cats and dogs. Your pet may experience increased thirst,
urination, lethargy, and vomiting.
- Garlic – This can cause both cats
and dogs to suffer from red blood cell damage and anemia.
- Xylitol – This ingredient is
commonly found in sugarless gum. It is poisonous
to dogs and can cause low blood sugar levels
- Alcohol – Just like in humans,
alcohol depresses the nervous system. It
is poisonous to all pets and can cause disorientation, diarrhea, and difficulty
- Dough – Raw yeast can ferment in the
digestive track. This causes alcohol
- Macadamia Nuts – Can cause muscle
and nervous-system problems in dogs.
- Avocado – Poisonous to most pets,
but birds are especially sensitive. Avocados
can damage the heart muscle.