We were surfing the internet this week, and came across this article in The Palm Beach Post. Here’s what stood out to us- “Florida areas took the seven top spots for amusement park vacation home destinations with Davenport ranking first”.
We couldn’t be more excited to be a new business in this growing community. It prompted some more research about our city, and we came up some tidbits of facts about Davenport, Florida… Click through to learn more about where we found the info!
– In January, 1839 the U.S. military developed the first settlement, Fort Cummings, as a place to negotiate with the Seminoles to end the Second Seminole War says our Wikipedia page.
– According to City-Data.com, our population has increased 54.8% since the year 2000.
– Davenport, FL has a Historical Society, whose purpose is to preserve the city’s history and share this heritage by contributing to the records of the state of Florida in an effort to embrace the past while working towards a brighter future. You can learn more about the Historical Society here.
– There are things to do year round in Davenport. All you need to do is check the Community Calendar.
– The Davenport, FL website lists all of our local attractions.
– The Davenport Police department has a Facebook Page the you can follow here.
– Finally, and in our opinion, most importantly, Davenport, FL now has a state of the art Animal Hospital which provides the best veterinary care in the country- Reunion Veterinary Hospital!