THE BREGMAN VETERINARY GROUP
It’s the first day of Fall! Are you excited for crisp, cool air, sweaters, and long walks at the park with your pup? As we adjust to the new season, here are a few tips to keep your pets healthy and safe.
Fall Pet Care Tips:
- Add Pumpkin to Your Pup’s Diet – Pumpkin flavors can be included in your dog’s diet too! Canned pumpkin has soluble fibers that can help with digestive issues. Try mixing 1-2 teaspoons of canned pumpkin into your dog’s food as a healthy Fall treat.
- Stay Active – Now that the weather is cooling down, walks at the dog park seem a little less intimidating! Take advantage of the beautiful fall weather and take your dog out for a walk or to play Frisbee at the park.
- Be Conscious of Allergies – Did you know that pet’s can suffer from seasonal allergies too? If you notice your pet itching more than usual, you may want to schedule a veterinary visit to rule out possible allergens. Leaves, pollen and grasses can irritate your pet, if they suffer from allergies.
- Manage Pet Hair – Many pets start to shed their summer coats during the fall to make room for a thicker, winter coat. Remember to brush your pet often to help catch hair before it ends up on your couch and clothes!
- Stay Hydrated – Although the temperature may be dropping, it’s still important to remember that your pet is hydrated. if your pet spends a lot of time outdoors, make sure that they have access to clean water!
- Keep Warm – Fall is known for chilly nights. If your pet spends time outdoors or even primarily lives outside, make sure that they have a warm place to go at night.
If you have any questions about how to keep your pet happy, healthy and safe this Fall, contact one of our offices. Our experienced veterinarians can answer any questions you have about your pet’s health.
The Cat Hospital
5th Avenue Cat Clinic
Paws and Claws Veterinary Hospital